An armed robber who carried out a series of offences in West London has been jailed for sixteen years.
Ronald Alexander, 49 of Netherwood Road W14, was handed the sentence at Southwark Crown Court on Friday, 25 October .
He will serve a minimum of 12 years and will serve a further four years on licence.
He was found guilty of six counts of robbery and six counts of possession of a bladed article.
The court heard how Alexander committed six knife point robberies at high street gambling shops between May and August 2018. Officers investigating the series were able to link him as he wore the same clothes during each offence.
He was arrested on 8 May 2019 and subsequently charged the following day.
The judge commended investigating officer PC Usman Choudhary for his tenacity and investigation skills in bringing this matter before the court and awarded him a Judges Commendation
PC Choudhary, of Central West Gangs Unit said: “Alexander had not long been released from prison for the same offences and it was due to our prior knowledge of him that we were able to identify him through CCTV footage. He very quickly fell back into his old traits and targeted the arcades in Fulham, Hammersmith, Kilburn, Paddington and Tooting.
“He used frightening and aggressive techniques to mainly target women working alone, some were attacked more than once. He is clearly a dangerous individual, leaving the victims traumatised.
“I hope the sentence today goes some way towards providing justice for what they have been through.”
Breakdown of offences:
– Saturday, 12 May 2018 at Palace Amusements, 108 Kilburn High Road, NW6 4HY.
– Saturday, 16 June 2018 at Palace Amusements, 108 Kilburn High Road, NW6 4HY.
– Saturday, 23 June 2018 at Cashino, 84-86 Kings Street, W6 0SP.
– Saturday, 23 June 2018 at Cashino, 65 Tooting High Street, SW17 0SP.
– Saturday, 30 June 2018 at Silvertime Casino, 426 Edgware Road W2 1EG.
– Sunday, 26 August 2018 at City Slots, 371 North End Road W14 1NW.